What is The Keirsey Temperament Sorter®-II (KTS®-II)?
Dr. Keirsey developed The Keirsey Temperament Sorter®-II (KTS®-II), which is the most widely used personality instrument in the world. It is a powerful 70 question personality instrument that helps individuals discover their personality type. The KTS-II is based on Keirsey Temperament Theory™, published in the best selling books, Please Understand Me® and Please Understand Me II, by Dr. David Keirsey. The (KTS®-II) gives you the four letter combination that defines your personality type.
Dr. David Keirsey provides an in depth definition of temperament as “a configuration of observable personality traits, such as habits of communication, patterns of action, and sets of characteristic attitudes, values, and talents. It also encompasses personal needs, the kinds of contributions that individuals make in the workplace, and the roles they play in society.“
Dr. Keirsey Identified Four Basic Temperaments:
- Artisans tend to be fun-loving, optimistic, realistic, and focused on the here and now.
- Artisans pride themselves on being unconventional, bold, and spontaneous.
- Artisans make playful mates, creative parents, and troubleshooting leaders.
- Artisans are excitable, trust their impulses, want to make a splash, seek stimulation, prize freedom, and dream of mastering action skills.
- Guardians pride themselves on being dependable, helpful, and hard-working.
- Guardians make loyal mates, responsible parents, and stabilizing leaders.
- Guardians tend to be dutiful, cautious, humble, and focused on credentials and traditions.
- Guardians are concerned citizens who trust authority, join groups, seek security, prize gratitude, and dream of meting out justice.
- Rationals tend to be pragmatic, skeptical, self-contained, and focused on problem-solving and systems analysis.
- Rationals pride themselves on being ingenious, independent, and strong willed.
- Rationals make reasonable mates, individualizing parents, and strategic leaders.
- Rationals are even-tempered, they trust logic, yearn for achievement, seek knowledge, prize technology, and dream of understanding how the world works.
- Idealists are enthusiastic, they trust their intuition, yearn for romance, seek their true self, prize meaningful relationships, and dream of attaining wisdom.
- Idealists pride themselves on being loving, kindhearted, and authentic.
- Idealists tend to be giving, trusting, spiritual, and they are focused on personal journeys and human potentials.
- Idealists make intense mates, nurturing parents, and inspirational leaders.
We use the Keirsey Temperament Sorter as a foundation of our VISIONS Productive Personality™ Report
Complete with a Keirsey Temperament Sorter II Corporate Analysis, you’ll gain a better understanding of how your Temperament influences your organizing and productivity style.
Receive an analysis of your personality type, leadership style, workplace preferences, and specific advice on leveraging areas of strength and minimizing potential obstacles.